Your Priority and Ours Too.
The Social Communication Foundation has no service responsibilities other than to you and your child. We work to make all social skill development programs affordable to you.
We Help Improve the Social Development of Your Child
We all know that social success is dependent your child’s ability to understand:
- how she or he thinks and responds socially,
- how others think and respond socially,
- that thinking and social responses vary among people, and
- that developing effective, real-world, social communication skills will help them to navigate these differences and will help improve their quality of life.
Most children can learn basic social skills such as being polite to others, taking turns, and saying please and thank you fairly easily. These skills can be scripted and practiced. Social comprehension, however, is more complicated to learn because it involves the ability to understand the social communications of others.
A child who has difficulty reading social cues and knowing how to interpret the context of words, has more difficulty understanding others who do not think in the same way. The absence of social comprehension between a child with social challenges and his or her socially skilled peers may cause anxiety and frustration for the socially challenged child.
The Social Communication Foundation offers your child our exclusive:
Inclusion Teaming Process™
Your child learns and practices real world social communications skills with socially integrated peers in all programs. The learning is reciprocal, fun and stress free.
Your child can’t reach his potential if he can’t ever discuss with his peers how he sees and understands the world differently than them.
Your child is included with socially integrated peers who care, and they interact in team formats in every program.
A dynamic interplay for engaging social communication differences takes place, and all students become better prepared for working with people who think and respond differently. Your child becomes fully engaged in a supportive environment of co-learners. Socially integrated young people learn alternative forms of social response.There are several types of group courses using the Inclusion Teaming Process™.
All Social Communication Foundation programs are supplemental and complimentary to existing social skill programs and social activity programs.
My child is isolated and bullied in school.
My child is angry when he gets home from school.
My child has no opportunity to practice social skills with peers.
I don’t think my child is being taught skills for college and/or the workplace.
I don’t know what my child should say if questioned about her behavior.
Finally…real tools that can help eliminate those concerns
We teach young people who are socially challenged and their peers who are socially integrated how to bridge their differences. Your child develops confidence; learns team skills and life management skills; explores jobs that match his strengths; and co-creates job supports—all with socially integrated peers—who care.
- Improved ability to respond if bullied
- Development of mature social skills
- Ability to function and thrive in a team environment
- Learn, develop and strengthen life skills
- Improved possibilities to get and keep a job
- Better quality of life and mental attitude
Start Early: Ages 8 to Adult
We Prepare Your Child With Lifetime Social Interaction Skills
Your child will receive:
- Social Diagrams for specific challenges
- Bullying response skills
- Flexible self-advocacy skills
- Emotionally corrective experiences to bullying
- Anxiety reducing scripts
- Portfolio of talents and challenges
- Job skills
- Life management skills
- Equality in communication with peers